Friday, September 28, 2007

Almost There!

As an aside from the project with Junior, I am happy to say that I am only 1.5 payments away from having the little guy paid off ahead of time! This will be the first time I've actually paid off a car on my own (I paid off Junior's predecessor Monty--but that was only after he'd been totalled; the money came from my insurance settlement).

It'll sure be nice to be able to put the money I was spending on payments towards something else--like getting Junior back on the road!

Speaking of money, I've decided to try once again to sell my Axis Power Racing full carbon-fiber race seat:



The seat by itself is good for about 9lbs and does a very good job of holding the driver in place. It also allows the lowest seating position I've ever seen on the stock seat rails. If you look at the following picture, you can see the difference between the Axis seat and a de-foamed stock seat:



For reference, my friend Shenna (sitting in the passenger seat) is about 5'3", while I am a leggy 6'1"! Imagine the difference if I gained another inch or so by taking the seat off of the stock rails!

In the end, I'd like to get about $400 for it. Its MSRP was $900 and I bought it from a friend for $600 a year or so ago. I have one person so far who has inquired about it, but let me know if you're interested!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Want to sell that axis power seat still? Please respond with a way I can message you privately or message me @ walsh . sean @

g ma (i) l.com